Celebrating The People and The Land
Launched to acknowledge Aotearoa’s first public holiday to celebrate Matariki in 2022, our Kai Māori Gift Box is a celebration of all the mahi Māori-owned food and beverage businesses put in to produce world-class kai.
Join us in supporting these small companies including:
- Atutahi Drinks (Nelson) — made by Kiwi Kai from all-natural ingredients
- Kai Ora Manuka Balsamic (Northland) — with sustainably harvested mānuka
- Manaaki Kamokamo Pickle (Blenheim) — award-winning products handmade at Omaka Marae
- Pata Hemp Seed Spread (Hawke’s Bay) — a versatile (nut) butter alternative
- Tī Ani Tea Range (Christchurch) — organic tea made with local Canterbury ingredients
- Tītahi Kelp Crackers (Wellington) — artisan producers of healthy crackers and more
- Tohu Whenua Matua Wines (Marlborough) — premium wine the world’s first Māori-owned winery
- Waikōkopu Olive Oil (Horowhenua) — grown and pressed in the Ōhau River area
Giving back to Aotearoa
- With every Kai Māori Gift Box sold, we set aside 1% from every sale and donate to New Zealand charities such as Ngā Rangatahi Toa or Sustainable Coastlines.
- Growing our regional economies; by buying from We Love Local you directly help small Māori-owned companies in and around New Zealand.
Read more about our social mission and sustainability commitment.
Gift delivery info
All gifts ordered from our website are delivered by NZ Post or Pace Couriers (for Wellington express shipping). Please see guidelines below for delivery timeframes.
- North Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 1-2 business days after dispatch (mostly overnight but not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 2-3 business days total
- South Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 2-3 business days after dispatch (Standard Shipping) or 1-2 business days using Express Shipping at checkout (overnight delivery is targeted and not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 4-5 business days total
- If you need a gift delivered to Auckland for Wednesday it needs to be ordered Tuesday 2PM at the latest for a chance to arrive the next day.
- If you need a gift delivered to Christchurch for Monday, we recommend ordering Wednesday 2PM at the latest (NZ Post advises 2-3 business days for delivery to the South Island) or Friday 2PM using Express Shipping.
Please note that this delivery schedule is just a guideline based on our experience of sending thousands of gift boxes across the country. We do not have any control over external factors from couriers causing delays, e.g. during peak times, weather events disrupting NZ Post's network, or while Covid restrictions are in place.
Tips to increase the likelihood of successful delivery:
- The earlier you order the better. Please make sure you leave a note during checkout mentioning the desired delivery date.
- You will receive an email with tracking details informing you when a parcel is out for delivery. Give the recipient a heads-up that something is coming their way.
- Gifts with alcohol have an R18 sticker. NZ Post will not be able to leave a parcel if the recipient is not home.
- Consider sending the parcel to the recipient's workplace if they're not working from home.
We will try our best to help you get your parcel delivered on time. If you have any questions, please get in touch.