Finding local products from Taranaki is hard, especially if you live far away. We Love Local curates gift boxes with products made in the Taranaki Region and ships them anywhere in NZ. This way, people can get a taste of the area while supporting small business owners such as:
Producers in our Tasty Taranaki Gift Box
Find out more about the local businesses in these gift hampers and discover other gifts:
- Egmont Honey — straight from the hive into the jar, this delicious superfood is as natural as it gets
- Emacadamia Nuts — spray-free New Zealand macadamia nut grower and processor, based in Taranaki
- Giles Chocolatier — bars made with only the finest quality Belgium chocolate
- Juno Gin — award-winning, New Zealand artisan gin made by Taranaki locals Jo and Dave James
- MK Spices — the perfect mix of spices and seasonings from Marlaina’s Kitchen
- Mister K — healthy crackers by Taranaki super mums creating superfoods
- Okurukuru Wines — the grapes for this wine are grown on a 50-acre block, just 10 minutes south of the city
- Shining Peak Brewing — beer from their craft brewery and eatery in the heart of the city
- Sids Sauces and Oils — delicious, all-natural sauces made after their secret family recipes
Please note that items occasionally change, allowing you to discover new Taranaki-made treats. Please select the size and option above for a detailed product description of what’s inside our Taranaki gift boxes.
* If any products listed aren’t available, they will be substituted for an item of equal or higher value from one of our other gift boxes.
Giving back to the Taranaki community
- We set aside 1% from every sale and donate to New Zealand charities such as Sustainable Coastlines or Bellyful.
- Growing Taranaki’s regional economy; by buying from We Love Local, you directly help small companies in and around the region.
Read more about our social mission and sustainability commitment.
Taranaki gift boxes delivery info
See details for delivery cut-off dates and timeframes.
Gift delivery info
All gifts ordered from our website are delivered by NZ Post or Pace Couriers (for Wellington express shipping). Please see guidelines below for delivery timeframes.
- North Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 1-2 business days after dispatch (mostly overnight but not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 2-3 business days total
- South Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 2-3 business days after dispatch (Standard Shipping) or 1-2 business days using Express Shipping at checkout (overnight delivery is targeted and not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 4-5 business days total
- If you need a gift delivered to Auckland for Wednesday it needs to be ordered Tuesday 2PM at the latest for a chance to arrive the next day.
- If you need a gift delivered to Christchurch for Monday, we recommend ordering Wednesday 2PM at the latest (NZ Post advises 2-3 business days for delivery to the South Island) or Friday 2PM using Express Shipping.
Please note that this delivery schedule is just a guideline based on our experience of sending thousands of gift boxes across the country. We do not have any control over external factors from couriers causing delays, e.g. during peak times, weather events disrupting NZ Post's network, or while Covid restrictions are in place.
Tips to increase the likelihood of successful delivery:
- The earlier you order the better. Please make sure you leave a note during checkout mentioning the desired delivery date.
- You will receive an email with tracking details informing you when a parcel is out for delivery. Give the recipient a heads-up that something is coming their way.
- Gifts with alcohol have an R18 sticker. NZ Post will not be able to leave a parcel if the recipient is not home.
- Consider sending the parcel to the recipient's workplace if they're not working from home.
We will try our best to help you get your parcel delivered on time. If you have any questions, please get in touch.