Wellington is renowned for its makers, producers and artisans who take the best of our city and make delicious, delectable, and desirable treats.
This year Visa Wellington on a Plate celebrates a Taste of Change, recognising the ever-changing world we live in — a time to try something new — to delight your tastebuds and take a new taste adventure.
And while the world changes, our local artisans’ dedication to making their products doesn’t. In this carefully curated taste of Wellington, we’ve gathered the best the festival offers for you to try and experience on a small, bite-sized scale.
This year’s Visa Wellington On a Plate Gift Box team favourites:
- Alexia Urban Winery — based in Greytown, Wairarapa (you should visit their cellar door)
- Apostle Hot Sauce — small batch hot sauces handmade in Paekākāriki, Kāpiti
- Asian Food Republic — products inspired by Wellington’s popular Dragonfly restaurant
- Charley Noble — enjoy their house-made sauces freshly cooked in the capital
- Fix & Fogg — world-class nut butters made in NZ
- Garage Project — Aro Valley wouldn’t be the same without our city’s favourite brewery
- House Of Dumplings — who doesn’t know the queen of dumplings Vicky Ha going around town in her bike?
- Palliser Estate — one of Aotearoa’s premier wine brands based in Martinborough
- Pickle & Pie — NYC deli style food right in the heart of Te Aro
- Six Barrel Soda — easy to mix natural, restaurant-quality drinks to enjoy at home
- Skinny Fizz — sparkling water with a splash of homegrown fruit, born in the Hutt Valley
- Wellington Chocolate Factory — NZ’s highest quality, organic, ethically sourced and traded, award-winning, bean-to-bar chocolate
Gift delivery info
All gifts ordered from our website are delivered by NZ Post or Pace Couriers (for Wellington express shipping). Please see guidelines below for delivery timeframes.
- North Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 1-2 business days after dispatch (mostly overnight but not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 2-3 business days total
- South Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 2-3 business days after dispatch (Standard Shipping) or 1-2 business days using Express Shipping at checkout (overnight delivery is targeted and not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 4-5 business days total
- If you need a gift delivered to Auckland for Wednesday it needs to be ordered Tuesday 2PM at the latest for a chance to arrive the next day.
- If you need a gift delivered to Christchurch for Monday, we recommend ordering Wednesday 2PM at the latest (NZ Post advises 2-3 business days for delivery to the South Island) or Friday 2PM using Express Shipping.
Please note that this delivery schedule is just a guideline based on our experience of sending thousands of gift boxes across the country. We do not have any control over external factors from couriers causing delays, e.g. during peak times, weather events disrupting NZ Post's network, or while Covid restrictions are in place.
Tips to increase the likelihood of successful delivery:
- The earlier you order the better. Please make sure you leave a note during checkout mentioning the desired delivery date.
- You will receive an email with tracking details informing you when a parcel is out for delivery. Give the recipient a heads-up that something is coming their way.
- Gifts with alcohol have an R18 sticker. NZ Post will not be able to leave a parcel if the recipient is not home.
- Consider sending the parcel to the recipient's workplace if they're not working from home.
We will try our best to help you get your parcel delivered on time. If you have any questions, please get in touch.