The best of Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island is a true island paradise off the coast of Auckland with world class vineyards and exceptional food.
Our team loves visiting farmers markets around New Zealand to discover the best local products. After a weekend trip to Waiheke’s Ostend market (hence the name Weekend in Waiheke), we immediately went to work and put together a gift box for you to enjoy.
Producers in our Waiheke gift box
A mix of products* depending on the size selected:
- Man O’War Wines
- Rangihoua Estate Olive Oil
- Waiheke Herbs Native Organic Herb Salt
- Julie Biuso Shared Kitchen Hazelnut Dukkah
- Jenny’s Kitchen Tamarind Chutney
- number 29 Waiheke Table Olives
- Heke Lager beer
Please note that items will change from time to time, allowing you to discover new Waiheke made treats. For a detailed product description what’s inside our Waiheke gift boxes, please select the size and option above.
* If any products listed aren’t available they will be substituted for an item of equal or higher value from one of our other gift boxes.
Giving back to the wider Auckland community
- We set aside 1% from every sale and donate to Auckland charities such as Mixit or Ngā Rangatahi Toa
- Growing Auckland’s regional economy; by buying from We Love Local you directly help small companies in and around the city — even our wooden gift boxes are made in Auckland
Read more about our social mission and sustainability commitment.
Auckland and Waiheke Island gift delivery info
See details for delivery cut-off dates and timeframes.
18/04/2023 - Facebook
Very prompt service, beautiful NZ made produce and especially appreciated the non-plastic packaging! Thank you
13/04/2023 - Google
Great speedy delivery. Lovely presentation & delicious products. Thanks for making gift giving of local products so easy!
06/04/2023 - Google
A great experience and I highly recommend ‘We Love Local’. Very good selections & options, really responsive to questions & requests and a total pleasure to deal with. We’ll be back for more!
17/03/2023 - Facebook
Excellent product! Love it all. Thanks so much!
06/03/2023 - Facebook
Great local products and excellent information and customer service. Gift basket very popular with the recipient.
Gift delivery info
All gifts ordered from our website are delivered by NZ Post or Pace Couriers (for Wellington express shipping). Please see guidelines below for delivery timeframes.
- North Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 1-2 business days after dispatch (mostly overnight but not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 2-3 business days total
- South Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 2-3 business days after dispatch (Standard Shipping) or 1-2 business days using Express Shipping at checkout (overnight delivery is targeted and not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 4-5 business days total
- If you need a gift delivered to Auckland for Wednesday it needs to be ordered Tuesday 2PM at the latest for a chance to arrive the next day.
- If you need a gift delivered to Christchurch for Monday, we recommend ordering Wednesday 2PM at the latest (NZ Post advises 2-3 business days for delivery to the South Island) or Friday 2PM using Express Shipping.
Please note that this delivery schedule is just a guideline based on our experience of sending thousands of gift boxes across the country. We do not have any control over external factors from couriers causing delays, e.g. during peak times, weather events disrupting NZ Post's network, or while Covid restrictions are in place.
Tips to increase the likelihood of successful delivery:
- The earlier you order the better. Please make sure you leave a note during checkout mentioning the desired delivery date.
- You will receive an email with tracking details informing you when a parcel is out for delivery. Give the recipient a heads-up that something is coming their way.
- Gifts with alcohol have an R18 sticker. NZ Post will not be able to leave a parcel if the recipient is not home.
- Consider sending the parcel to the recipient's workplace if they're not working from home.
We will try our best to help you get your parcel delivered on time. If you have any questions, please get in touch.