For years, we’ve been struggling to find the perfect gift for friends and family. We always wanted something that was both unique and representative of our beautiful New Zealand regions. But finding the right local gift basket was nearly impossible because most of what’s available in shops or online looked outdated and too commercial.
Our Celebrating Canterbury Gift Box solves all these problems by giving you access to high-quality products at affordable prices with shipping to any address in NZ. Now you can send your loved ones local goods they’ll love and support small businesses throughout Aotearoa.
It’s not easy to find products made in Canterbury, especially if you don’t live on New Zealand’s South Island. That’s why We Love Local has curated beautiful gift baskets with the following products* from Christchurch and the wider Canterbury region for you to send anywhere in Aotearoa:
Please note that items in these gift boxes will change from time to time, allowing you to discover new Canterbury-made treats. For a detailed product description of what’s inside our Canterbury gift hampers, please select the size and option above.
* If any products listed aren’t available, they will be substituted for an item of equal or higher value from one of our other gift hampers.
Giving back to the Canterbury community
- We set aside 1% from every gift box and donate to New Zealand charities such as Sustainable Coastlines or Bellyful.
- Growing Canterbury’s regional economy; by buying from We Love Local, you directly help small companies in and around the region.
Read more about our social mission and sustainability commitment.
Canterbury gift basket delivery info
See details for delivery cut-off dates and timeframes.
Gift delivery info
All gifts ordered from our website are delivered by NZ Post or Pace Couriers (for Wellington express shipping). Please see guidelines below for delivery timeframes.
- North Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 1-2 business days after dispatch (mostly overnight but not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 2-3 business days total
- South Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 2-3 business days after dispatch (Standard Shipping) or 1-2 business days using Express Shipping at checkout (overnight delivery is targeted and not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 4-5 business days total
- If you need a gift delivered to Auckland for Wednesday it needs to be ordered Tuesday 2PM at the latest for a chance to arrive the next day.
- If you need a gift delivered to Christchurch for Monday, we recommend ordering Wednesday 2PM at the latest (NZ Post advises 2-3 business days for delivery to the South Island) or Friday 2PM using Express Shipping.
Please note that this delivery schedule is just a guideline based on our experience of sending thousands of gift boxes across the country. We do not have any control over external factors from couriers causing delays, e.g. during peak times, weather events disrupting NZ Post's network, or while Covid restrictions are in place.
Tips to increase the likelihood of successful delivery:
- The earlier you order the better. Please make sure you leave a note during checkout mentioning the desired delivery date.
- You will receive an email with tracking details informing you when a parcel is out for delivery. Give the recipient a heads-up that something is coming their way.
- Gifts with alcohol have an R18 sticker. NZ Post will not be able to leave a parcel if the recipient is not home.
- Consider sending the parcel to the recipient's workplace if they're not working from home.
We will try our best to help you get your parcel delivered on time. If you have any questions, please get in touch.