Christmas Gift Box
Christmas is a special time to celebrate, and we have just the gift box to help you do it! Whether they love wine or yummy treats from around New Zealand, there’s something for everyone.
- Alana Wines Christmas Edition (Wairarapa) — Boutique Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, or Sauvignon Blanc with a special Christmas label
- Arobake Mini Christmas Pies (Aro Valley) — Made by award-winning baker Max Fuhrer and his team
- Asian Food Republic Mini Pavlovas (Wellington) — Hand-made in the heart of the capital
- Condimentum Festival Relish (Napier) — Fruity relish with wholegrain mustard for any dish or platter
- Forty Thieves Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Bells (Auckland) — Melts in your mouth
- Imagination Christmas Pudding Gin (Kāpiti) — Crafted specifically to spice up your festive celebrations
- La Petite Artisan Gingerbread Chocolate (Hawke’s Bay) — Fairtrade organic, hand-crafted in Hastings
- Wild Fennel Co. Festive Spice (Dunedin) — Sprinkle some festive flavour on your ham, salmon, or vegetables
Not quite what you’re looking for? Check out our amazing collection of Christmas gift ideas.
Giving back to Aotearoa
- For every Christmas Gift Box sold, we set aside 1% profit and donate to New Zealand charities such as Garden To Table or Sustainable Coastlines via One Percent Collective.
- Growing NZ’s regional economies; by buying from We Love Local you directly help small companies in and around the country
Read more about our social mission and sustainability commitment.
Christmas gift basket delivery info
Cut-off times for Christmas delivery:
- South Island: 9 December 2022
- North Island: 12 December 2022
Please allow 1-2 additional days for rural delivery.
See details for general delivery cut-off dates and timeframes.
Gift delivery info
All gifts ordered from our website are delivered by NZ Post or Pace Couriers (for Wellington express shipping). Please see guidelines below for delivery timeframes.
- North Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 1-2 business days after dispatch (mostly overnight but not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 2-3 business days total
- South Island:
- Order before 2PM for same-day processing and delivery within 2-3 business days after dispatch (Standard Shipping) or 1-2 business days using Express Shipping at checkout (overnight delivery is targeted and not guaranteed by NZ Post)
- Rural deliveries may take another day or two, i.e. 4-5 business days total
- If you need a gift delivered to Auckland for Wednesday it needs to be ordered Tuesday 2PM at the latest for a chance to arrive the next day.
- If you need a gift delivered to Christchurch for Monday, we recommend ordering Wednesday 2PM at the latest (NZ Post advises 2-3 business days for delivery to the South Island) or Friday 2PM using Express Shipping.
Please note that this delivery schedule is just a guideline based on our experience of sending thousands of gift boxes across the country. We do not have any control over external factors from couriers causing delays, e.g. during peak times, weather events disrupting NZ Post's network, or while Covid restrictions are in place.
Tips to increase the likelihood of successful delivery:
- The earlier you order the better. Please make sure you leave a note during checkout mentioning the desired delivery date.
- You will receive an email with tracking details informing you when a parcel is out for delivery. Give the recipient a heads-up that something is coming their way.
- Gifts with alcohol have an R18 sticker. NZ Post will not be able to leave a parcel if the recipient is not home.
- Consider sending the parcel to the recipient's workplace if they're not working from home.
We will try our best to help you get your parcel delivered on time. If you have any questions, please get in touch.