Wellington artisan producers and artisanal products
A directory of our favourite Wellington and Kāpiti businesses curated by the We Love Local team.
List of products from Wellington artisan producers we love and have used for our Wellington gift boxes in the past:
- Piece of Cake – Tracey from Piece of Cake makes the best peanut brittle in the world, that’s honestly all you need to know.
- Rutherford & Meyer – Rutherford & Meyer make all-natural fruit pastes, fruit spreads, rice wafers, gourmet wafers, and fruit flavoured honey are made from fresh ingredients with no artificial colours or preservatives.
- Mamia’s – Mamia’s is passionate about bringing authentic Ethiopian food made in Wellington to your dinner table.
- The Oatery – The Oatery creates specialty porridge + granola which you can get from stores like Moore Wilson’s or directly from their little caravan. Artisanal food at its best.
- Clean Mixes – Clean MIxes are pre-made clean treat packets for people to have in the pantry for unexpected visitors and more.
- Be Humble NZ – Be Humble is run by Abby & Zoë who are proud Maori women who look to their traditional practices for guidance.
- Underground Soapery – Underground Soapery is a little business from a garage in Stokes Valley, Lower Hutt. They make all natural, plant-based products with vegetable oils, butter and essential oils.
- Ritual Tea – New Zealanders love a good cuppa, and Ritual Tea makes for a great one. They only use fair trade and organic tealeaves, so a cup of Ritual Tea is good for the body, mind and soul.
- Nela’s Chai – We had one sip of Nela’s chai and we were hooked. We were even more excited to hear that she and her team grind the spices, blend/brew and package/bottle the chai in Island Bay, Wellington.
- Wellington Apothecary – Inside their dreamy shop on Cuba Street you can find herbal remedies for your beauty and health needs. The Wellington Apothecary’s products are simple and beautiful, made only with natural ingredients.
- Wellington Chocolate Factory – How can you go wrong with beautiful labels designed by New Zealand artists, wrapped around ethically sourced, high-quality chocolates made in Wellington? From their values-based approach to production to tn heir awesome collabs, the Wellington Chocolate Factory does chocolate making different.
- Six Barrel Soda Co. – We have tried every single Six Barrel Soda Co. syrup flavour, no joke. The Celery Tonic turned out to be a surprise favourite but the one we love the most is the Raspberry & Lemon.
- Fix & Fogg – Tucked away in the Leeds – Eva Street laneway is a little peanut butter shop. Every jar is made from start to finish in the Wellington factory. We love stopping in to pick up a jar, have a chat and maybe even sneak in a taste or two.
Kāpiti artisanal food products
For our Kāpiti Goodies gift boxes, we are proud to partner with the following local businesses and organisations:
- Glam Jams & Cordials – Small batches of nice things in jars and bottles with natural, real ingredients, all made by hand.
- Kapiti Olive Oil – Fresh, vibrant and totally delicious 100% premium New Zealand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kapiti Chocolate Factory – From branded and promotional chocolate to novelty and sugar-free there’s something for everyone!
- Kapiti Candy Co – Kapiti Candy Co have been manufacturing artisan confectionery for over 20 years and are still as passionate about delivering hand made, high-end confectionery to the New Zealand market.
- Kapitea – A specialty tea shop selling premium teas from around the world
- New Zealand Native Oils – Bring your family back to nature with NZ natural and organic skincare products. Made by hand at their boutique store and native plant nursery.
- Sone’s Sauces – Sone’s Sauces is a humble, family-run business based in the heart of the Kapiti Coast making homemade, all-natural sauces.
- Little Bee Kapiti Island Honey – Organic raw honey sold at farmers markets
- The Shed Project – The Shed Project is a local organisation on the Kapiti Coast working to improve the lives of differently-abled people.
Do you have a product made in Wellington, Kapiti or Wairarapa and you would like to sell through our website? If you are a Wellington artisan producer, please get in touch.